This recipe is perfect for a potluck, and is quick to throw together.
Makes 12, 1-cup servings.
This recipe can be found in Fixate, an amazing 101 recipes that are clean and delicious!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 15oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 3 medium sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green) finely chopped
- 1 10oz bag of frozen corn
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat
- Add quinoa to boiling water, reduce heat to medium low. Cover pan for 10-12 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed
- Remove quinoa from heat. cool for 15-30 minutes and set aside
- Place cooled quinoa in a large bowl and fluff with a fork
- Combine lime juice, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl, whisk to blend
- Slowly add oil, while whisking constantly and set aside
- Combine beans, vinegar, and ground pepper (if desired) in a medium bowl, mix well and set aside
- Add bell peppers, corn cilantro, bean mixture, and dressing. toss gently to blend.
This recipe was super simple to put together, and I loved how many servings it made! I could eat every day and still have leftovers! The dressing gives it a light and refreshing “zing” but it still packed with protein thanks to the quinoa and black beans.
I also love having quick-to-assemble lunches as I’m packing up for work in the morning, and this is certainly one of those meals. All I had to to was measure out a cup and put it in a tupperware container. This dish is served cold, so you don’t even have to worry about reheating it.
If you’re interested in eating delicious foods like this while still losing weight, contact me about the 21 Day Fix; I’m a coach, and here to help you!